Hi! New to needing a knee replacement

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was on the hip replacement forum, but just realized I hadn't been there in 2 years. My son had 2 hips done in 2016 and is mostly but not totally recovered. I had many great convos with lors23 and renee01952 and linda38528 and hope they are doing well.

I fired my primary care provider last year because she did not even suggest getting an xray when I told her my knee was popping and crackling.

Got the new PCP, xray and it's osteoarthritis. Now I want to fire my son because he is micromanaging my care. One good thing he found was that I should probably find a patient advocate, because I may not find the right surgeon in Hawaii (small place, limited choice of surgeons), may have to purchase different or more healthcare insurance (to go out of network). He is on the US west coast.

I will be reading up on your experiences, and hope to have a new knee no later than early next year!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.