Hi new to the group.

Posted , 2 users are following.

First to start off I have generalized anxiety disorder. I’ve  had it often on for 10 or 15 years. Generally the doctor puts me on 20 mg of Prozac and some Klonopin as needed and I’m good.

I went through a pretty Trumatic break up and had quite a few things happen in my family and loss. The doctor now recommended paxil since my mother and my sister both take it for many years and he thinks it shoukd be good.

I started 5mg today and an hour later I had diarrhea. Couple hours later I was lightheaded. My question is are these the side effects that everybody talks about and will they go away soon. Or doesn’t mean that it’s not agreeing with my system?

Does anyone have any experience on such a low dose and the first weeks taking this drug? Thank you very much.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Jacky this is my fifth day and I woke up in a panic attack I assume this is normal? I went right back to sleep but I have never had that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.