Hi Started alli 60mg on the 29th would love to lose weight

Posted , 4 users are following.

[color=blue:600bba9452]hello

I started this on the 29/07/09 , i'm 5\" 8\" 37yrs old and weighed 16st 3lb I'm on quite a bit off medication and 2 lots of Anti-depressants and one to help with low and high moods, plus other meds, because of the medication and eating comfort food, i have put quite a bit off weight on.

anyway you do'nt want to hear that , since i started i've gone from 16st 3lbs , and on the 1st August i weighed myself and lost weight and now 15st 12lbs.

can anynone is this too much to lose , or am i doing ok i've been weighing myself every day, and already can tell when i've eaten somthing thats greasy.

i hoping this will teach me the healthy way of losing weight and not the way i had been doing .

and i hope with the help from you guys you may be able to help me smile

[/color:600bba9452]

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

[color=indigo:db7a42632e]Well done for losing weight so far :P

I started on 31st july, but i cant weigh myself as no scales in the house. Dont know if that is a good or a bad thing :?

I hope i notice with loose clothing rather than anything. Am afraid if i get some scales i will become obsessed and be on them after every trip to the loo :twisted: [/color:db7a42632e]

• Posted

its ideal to weigh yourself once a week, at the moment as you're new to the blueys the weigh is coming off fast and you're seeing daily losses but the trend seems to be big weight loss for first few weeks and then it slows to an lb or 2 a week, for some the weight can stay the same a few weeks, don't be disheartened and don't give up, any weight off or maintained is better than weight on!

good luck with the loss smile

• Posted

sweetiepie.....welcome....well done on the weight loss....sparkles has said it all....like Andy1705 says....he put the scales in the loft so he wouldn't be tempted to weigh every day....if you can just weigh once a week...any more than that is not good down the line. You've done really well, keep going. We're glad to have an Alli taker on board....it will be interesting to see how 1/2 strength medication works.

Best wishes

• Posted

[color=blue:a733c86ffe]Thankyoufor the lovelly replies, I will keep you all updated on how i get on smile

it's nice to know that i can chat to you guys , i hoping to lose weight for when i start back at university, i got quite poorly with the depression over christmas and ended up in hospital , i had to put my studies on hold due to this, and that is why i'm restarting my degree, as a first year, this September.

i want to lose weight in a safe way and not the way i was doing smile so having your support means alot to me as i'm doing this alone losing weight , i got overweight to eating alot of comfort food sugary sweets crisps etc, so farr i have not had any smile

it be nice to chat [/color:a733c86ffe]

• Posted

i am a terrible chocoholic and to begin with i struggled to go without but tried some low fat options such as weight watchers frozen double choc brownie desert (3.3g per pot)

i made the decision to not go without things like chocolate or chips but that i would find lower fat options as i know as soon as i come off the blues i will take them up again simply because i havent for a long time, my aim is to incorporate these new lower fat options into a healthy balanced diet that i can maintain both on and off the blues without feeling totally deprived - each to their own obviously, some people have waaay more will power than i do!

• Posted

hello everyone

thought it be nice to let you know how i am getting on with the alli 6omg tablets I am now 15st 8lb so farr really pleased with weight loss

one thing I have noticed is also my size 16 jeans are becoming bit loose

I have took your advice about weighing once a week which has helped loads

I have also noticed small inprovements i my asthma too smile

so farr postive news for your all ,also weight loose has slowed a bit but i do not mind smile

xx [ color=blue][/color]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.