Hi there :)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive been having chest pains on and off for 2 years now - some days im fine and others not so fine. Recently in the last month its become a lot worse as ive visited A&E twice with an awful racing heart beat and terrible chest pains - to the point where ive felt like i was going to pass out. The Drs did all the tests on me and could find nothing wrong with my heart or blood pressure. Ive been referred to the Heart clinic at the Hospital where ive been before -  as had an Echo Heart test and 24 hour tape which both came back perfectly normal last year. I think ive got Angina as i do have all the symptons but the medical profession are dubious to say that is the problem - i know i need medication but finding it hard to get diagnosed. Has anyone else had this problem as im worried if it does get worse i'l be having a heart attack when i could have had medication to help. Thank you for any comments. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Does your chest pain gets worse with walking or exercise ?

What about a stress test ?

How is your cholesterol and LDL levels ?

In same cases blocked arteries, like it was in my case, will only show on an angiogram. All other tests were great.

• Posted

Hello Patsy,

Angina can be a symptom of an underlying problem. It's best that you check with your doctor ASAP to prevent any serious problems. How is your lifestyle? Do you exercise on a regular basis? And do you eat right? I know it's difficult especially when you're busy. But I found that exercising even just for 30 minutes (just mild exercises, nothing wild), and keeping my fatty intake to a minimum helped a lot. I also am having microcirculation therapy which I am told by my doctor would help lessen my risks to further my heart problem. It improves blood flow of the microcirculation so that nutrients can reach even the tiniest of vessels.

I hope you'll find your answers soon and go see your doctors and have those laboratory work done!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.