hi there

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there im havin a op for keyhole surgery to have my ovary removrd as i have a cyst on on my ovary which is 9cm big so they have to remove the ovary how long does it take for recovery an is there any pain once the ovary has been removed an. An can i still have any more children with one ovary at the age of 46 if u could let me know please many thanks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Trisha,

I had key hole surgery to remove a 14cm dermoid cyst 2wks ago, i am nearly fully recovered from the surgery but i might need more surgery soon (nothing to do with the cyst). You can have kids with only one ovary. Im 37 with 2 grown up children & unsure if i want more. You will be in pain for the first few days but it will get easier & you will find you will be able to do more. Take what pain meds they give you & try to rest for as long as possible.

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Cheryl.x

• Posted

hi cheryl thanks for gettin back to me yes i am very anxious about havin my ovary removed an the cyst as ive never had to have a organ removed from my body before the gyne tried to tell me it would be very difficult to hav a child at my age at 46 yrs old is that true, an once ive had the op am i able to carry on  with most daily activites ie gym goin shoppin an cleanin up in the house if u could let me know please many thanks trisha xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.