Hi there, feel I need some support

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been prescribed 15mg mirtazapine for depression. 2 months ago had a break up after 3 years but since then suspected friend of now dating him behind my back. Can’t get this out my head and has led to me not sleeping and feeling extremely low and empty. Never taken AD before so quite scared and will it help stop my irrational thinking? Have been using kalms at night for sleeping which works but the thoughts and worries are still there, lost interest in doing anything. I’m 43 and never experienced this kind of emotion before feels like I’m losing my mind, at times wake up with anxiety. Was given them week ago and yet to start taking them. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Take 15 mg 30 min for bed. 

It keeps me asleep for 6-7 hrs

Sometimes I feel a bit groggy when I wake up but a good sleep outweighs the slight side effect 

Mirt on a low dose is for sleep

Usually  from what I’ve read is A higher dose  is for anxiety and depression.

But the way I viewed it was is  as long as you get good sleep you might be able to manage your depression

• Posted

lts very much a vicious circle and one I’m not enjoying...just want to feel like I can smile and have my sense of humour again 
  • Posted

Hi Gail - I'm sorry to read of your situation. Have you broached the subject with your friend? Tough, but the truth is required here, and it might not be as bad as the mind has fermented things. Further, the thought processes can take on a life of their own and before we know it we are stuck in a rut of particular thinking, going round and round that track every waking moment, digging ourselves deeper until we can't see anything else but what we obsess upon. Meds may lift the mood and allow clearer thinking, but they are a tool and not a cure. The issues leading to depression need to be addressed, contemplated and resolved. A new way of thinking about the situation from a different perspective is required, and help with that can be found in counselling for which your doctor can give a referral.

If you decide to take the med it will require 3-6 weeks to be fully effective. There will be an adjustment by the body to the med and so you may experience feeling a bit odd for a while.  Meds are not a one-size-fits-all answer. What works for me may not work for you - but there are a multitude of different meds for AD, and it may require trying other AD's for what works. I have been on mirt for 10 years. Hang in there, be patient, and we are always here to talk.

• Posted

I'm taking mitrazepine for a few months and my dreams are bad I actually believe there real sometimes ur better on another kind of tablet to control ur depression

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.