Hi there - not sure if anyone will remember me?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'd stopped drinking for 17 months and felt fantastic.

I've started drinking again but no where near the extent that I used to.

How is everyone else doing - I've not had any notifications for a good few months.

All the best

Claire xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Of course I remember you! How many units per week i wonder? you did try and are being very honest by coming here seeking advice. i stopped nearly nine years ago and was sober for 5 months but started again! Just the one and thought that i was actually in control, but I was not. However, stopped again a few months later and that worked. I wait to hear from you Claire. Kind regards Robin

• Edited

Tomorrow i will be sober for 8 years exactly. You can do it.

• Edited

Hey Robin - my inspiration!! I can take it or leave it to be honest. I can go for weeks without a drink and then I really fancy a glass of wine so I'll have a couple of large glasses and then I can stop again. I don't really enjoy it as much as I used to and I remember I used to start drinking as soon as I got up so I'm not anywhere near as dependent as I used to be. It's one of those things that I'm constantly aware of though.

Massive congratulations to you on your 8 years sobriety. That is one hell of a feat and you and your family should be immensely proud. How are your twins getting on?

Anyway Robin, lovely to hear from you and wishing you and your family all best wishes for 2021. I certainly can't wait for the back of 2020 and also can't wait to have the vacinne!!

All the best

Claire xx

• Posted

Twins are 10 and a handful! Thanks for asking. You do not seem to have a big problem since you do not crave alchohol like i did the moment i woke up. Perhaps you can gradually decrease it? However, i am not concerned since you also indicate that you do not like the taste that much and you do not have strong cravings. Best of luck and a Happy New Year to you again. Regards Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.