Hi Vicki, Re. Oxybuton and tyzandine.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Do those meds. Help keep the pain away for days. Also if and when you get in bad pain what do you do to stop the pain.or does anything help. When I’m in bad pain I will take an antihistamine and and aspirin.Then in about 45min I’ll get relief. This TN is so debilitating and painful ,l feel so sorry for anyone who has it. Thanks for the info. Hope your doing well.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Al,

Sorry to hear about your pain.

Try hot tub or a warm shower (make sure you use a scarf and warm bath robe after to stay warm. This helps release tension.

If it is not too cold out, a 30 min brisk walk warms up the body. I find that staying home and not doing anything worsens the pain - activity helps.

Lastly, do try to find a good acupunturist (my pain went away - I had TN for 3 years) and stop whatever is causing you stress (not an easy task but worth looking into.

Get well soon,

H.O.P.E. Hold On, Pain Ends

• Posted

No the other meds are for other issues I have. Nothing I have come across has taken the pain away for days. This is the closes I have come.  I have been taking the Turmeric 800 mg in the am for the pain.

When I get a little pain (usually around 5:00 pm I take 1/2-1 tablet of  Carbamazapine . That usually last until the am. Then I start all over again.

I stay away from all sugar & tomato's. They trigger the TN. I found out yesterday MSG can cause neuralgia.  

Just goes to show you learn something new every day!

Than you for your concern! Your welcome. I'm more then happy to give people advise on how I've received relief from this crippler!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.