Hi what's the time off work time scale

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies I work in a little cafe in a company I was wondering how long or what's the average time taken off the get fit to return to work .im 17 days post now

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debra,

I think it's different for everyone. Three weeks ago I had rectocele, cystocele, vaginoplasty, labiaplasty and bladder put in a sling because it was falling. I thought I would be OK going back to work but found out the hard way that I was wrong. So, now I have to be off work again. So, make sure you don't over do it and get plenty of rest.

• Posted

Hi debts I'm

14 weeks post op , went bk to work 12 weeks post op , I had a@p repair , I'm wondering g this week if I gone bk too soon , my body is telling me stop , so recovery isn't the same for any 2 people

• Posted

If you're on your feet most if the day then 12 weeks.
    • Posted

Then you should ideally take 12 weeks off work 
    • Posted

How long can you take off work? It's important you give yourself plenty of time to heal but not only that, you've had major surgery and your body needs time to get over that. I know it's difficult but please try and take off as much time as possible to give this surgery the best chance of success. Is there any chance you can go back on graduated return? 
    • Posted

Hi there isn't a prob being off but I really didn't realise it can take up to that amount of time to get better..I work in a cafe in a company on my feet from 7-2 but then have to get home I cycle when I haven't got the use of our car my husband works shifts,so I cycle 1 week out of 3 x
    • Posted

Hi Debra,

I get what your saying. Im due to have anterior repair in april and i work at a ladies boutique 3 days a week. I am on my fet all day and have been rally worried about this. I thought 6 weks and i would be fine. I just cant financially take longer off as i dont get paid sick pay. this has worried m no end. My husband is a police officer so isnt around regularly. He will take off 2 weeks to help me. xx

• Posted

Hi I had a posterior pelvic floor repair 22nd Dec I'm doin ok I've been with the company I work for for 13 years.,I work in a cafe in a company 7-30-2 five days a week so pots pans etc..but we've had a new catering company come in last week.but I've kept my old contract so I will get paid..so I've been told..!! I suppose I've been quite lucky not a lot of pain no bleeding..a little discomfort after a shower that's it really..I have been sensible though.i have a 2 year old grandaughter I haven't once picked her up..I'm missing that..bless her..I got another sick note today for 2 more weeks see how I go..you will be fine just do as your told..good luck x
    • Posted

I was off at Christmas because we shut anyway so was my husband..was off too..wasn't that much help lol..men just don't get it do they..😳
    • Posted

no hahahahhaah they dont get it. i wont even try lol. my husband is great but he will never understand how it is for us women, no matter how much we try to explain. speedy healing debra.. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.