Hi, Withdrawl after coming of atenolol cold turkey.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, i am new to the forum and would like some advice. i was on atenolol for 10 years for migraines and came off them cold turkey as my blood pressure was too low. I have been off them one year but have been getting hot flushes since stopping the atenolol and the hot flushes are worse now than ever, my whole body feels hot all of the time its like having inner central heating turned up high and on top of that the hot flushes come and go throughout the day and rev up through the night. Has anyone experienced this after stopping atenolol.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I don't know anything about that. What does the doctor say?

• Posted

Its dangerous to just go of medications when you take high dosages. The body gets used to the medication and this is why when we go cold turkey, bad things happens. Look after your body with natural sourced vitamins and supplements, such as iron, etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.