Hiatal hernia.

Posted , 2 users are following.

If you have an hiatus hernia or ulcer would you feel something constantly in your back?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

do you have any other symptoms; sorry ; should have asked before?

could be ulcer related or hernia related; there are a wide rainge of things.

Generally liver/ gallbladder - (others are noted) could be muscle pain from poor posture.

I am thinking that you have been to check for your gallbladder/liver  and suchlike at your GP's? or you believe it to be somethign else? 

if it is an ulcer, could be caused by bacteria; so h pylori test might be something you could look for.  (take liquoric tabs for h pylori but see your gp for antibiotics if you can instead).

Liver affects the gallbladder/ can cause inflammation and so can bacteria; and then the liver pulls from the gut (glutamin).. so you might have to introduce anti-inflammatories and anti-oxidants in your diet...... smile

Hope you feel better soon.  and hope this helps!! Somefeedback woudl be appreciated when you find out..

• Posted

oh, forgot to mention that you should take milk thistle for liver - or liver health vitamin tablet.

Bear in mind to get yourself checked by your GP smile

Be safe.. smile

• Posted

i'm very forgetful today! ; garlic and turmeric for inflammation.

cranberries & oregano (together) for H pylori the liquorice kills it; the other inhibits it from the intestinal wall).

• Posted

I started with nausea on and off and vomitting after alcohol. Food/acid coming back up in my mouth when i bend over,feeling like food stuck in oesophagus, feel like i can't get a full breath, feel something in my upper right back/shoulder all the time. Gp thinks acid reflux, had all bloods done which were fine. He gave me pantoprazole and gaviscon which has helped with some things but not the back/shoulder pain and sick after alcohol. Having an endoscopy on the 10th feb. I have saw a chiropractor who said i should have seen improvements with what he was doing and i wasn't so to wait and see if anything is found on the endoscopy and if not to ask for my gallbladder scanned.
    • Posted

Hi Dianne smile

yes; happens all the time... you'd think that the GP's would be able to diagnose these issues after having  the same ones year in and year out; yet it comes down to what they can actually 'do' about it.  which is ; either functional/ reduce inflammation (via antibiotics) and antioxidants..  get checked for h pylori and get your gallbladder tested; but if it's not functional then you know the anti-inflammatories will be needed.

Good luck; i hope you get better soonsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.