Hiatal Hernia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Recently I have been having difficulty while eating.

Swallowing is becoming very uncomfortable and I have a very uncomfortable feeling in my chest.

I had a hiatal hernia years ago and had surgery.

I am concerned that I may have another hiatal hernia.

Any comments welcome

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

No one will tell you here what might have happen inside your body. You have to go to an endoscopy to see what's going on, no other solution.

Do it as soon as possible if you are concerned because you'll be thinking about it daily, developing un-neccesary anxiety.

• Posted

You should discuss your symptoms with your doctor.

I'm not a medical professional, but what you described sounds like GERD, which you can have with or without a hiatal hernia.

• Posted

It sounds like that hiatal hernia again you must do your homework on the dr you chose to do your surgery 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.