Hiatal hernia

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've recently had an endoscopy which come back saying I had an Hatsl hernia, but since then I've not been getting any better, I'm constantly in pain with my stomach & lower intestine, my stools are a really dark brown if helps, I've been to A&E twice in agony to be told there is nothing they can see in my bloods, ive had a senior doctor & surgeon look me over, I've lost my apitite & find it hard to eat, when I do I burn up & feel even worse, I've been given lanzopronal for my stomach, which I don't think are working, just any advice would be great as where to go next, just had this for 3 months now & nothing seems to be helping me get better

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

So you have Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD), due to a hiatal hernia

Lansoprazole should help - what time of the day do you take it?

• Posted

I take this in the morning, but I just seem to be getting worse, lose of appetite, constant stomach pains & when I do eat my face burns up, just in the horrors, I've had it three months now, I'm waiting for an ultra sound but not sure if that will show anything on my intestines ?? Thanks for your comment 

• Posted

My face was also burning. But i canot inderstand why the face is burning if you have gord?
  • Posted

I was like this for three months. 71 days. Checked evrything. 11 doctors and hospital. Swallowed the cable twice. Suddenly a doctor said, we try a trippel course. Next day burning stomach was gone. 3 weeks later burning back and shoulder was gone. The face is much better but still not completely gone. Just the neck left. And the skin is red. I have taken 8 different helicobacter test, all where negative. But the last doctor said, its helicobacter, i promise you he said. The test is very often false negative.. i was in so much pain that i didnt want to live anymore, but now its completely gone. But because of this i have a little bit of anxiety because im afraid of getting this back. Because i dont think people doesnt now howe much it hurts whens this goes on. 71 days with pain is a long time. Sorry bad english. IM FROM Norway..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.