Hiatal Hernia

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was told i have a hiatal hernia while i had mono i had bad gastritis inflamed stomach pretty bad well the gastritis is gone i am still getting over mono after 5 months but my stomach i guess its the hernia when i press on it trying to get it into place i once got leg numbness and tingling down the side of my calf and big toes and twice i have gotten really lightheaded one of those times i was in the ER when it happened and my pulse dropped to 42 but came back up in a few seconds. Anyone have any thoughts on what i should do.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

are you in pain?

well i have 3 hernias very painful. I take Kratom helps me out alot

• Posted

Not so much pain as more discomfort right now. I do not hurt everyday i feel funny but the mono can make you feel all kinds of weird symptoms and my gastritis cleared up which may also make me feel weird because i was used to the actually hurting for a while. I have never been one to take medicines and pills and stuff so i try to avoid as much as possible. I just got scared when i pressed on my stomach trying to get it in place and got dizzy. Then i couldnt eat so i was hungry feeling but full feeling all at once. It is a weird combination. I feel better today and have eaten a little more but we will see how it goes.

• Posted

Yes Josh. I have seriously looked into this. I have had this problem for years. Do you have acid reflux with the hiatal hernia, most people do? What happens is the hernia, along with acid irritates the vagus nerve. it causes all kinds of symptoms, those you are describing. Its called Vasovagal syncope with feeling faint, and slow heart. Also the hernia presses on the vagus nerve. i feel sick all the time. there is no cure, there are some techniques you can do to stimulate the nerve. cold water, on your face, etc. just look it up. The one thing that is important is healthy diet, not a lot of fat, spices, alcohol, sugar, maybe gluten, maybe dairy. Try not to stress, thats a big factor. gastritis is serious, it can lead to chronic gastritis, where it never goes away. i go on a very bland diet most of the time, until it heals. What meds are you taking for it. Do you have a gallbladder. What else have the drs. told you.

• Posted

Are you sure it is a hiatal hernia? I'm pretty sure they aren't visible externally as a bulge, and they can't be reduced.

Maybe you have another hernia in addition to HH.

• Posted

OH ALSO JOSHTHERE IS A TECHNIQUE TO HELP BRING DOWN THE HERNIA OUT FROM THE CHEST CAVITY IN THE MORNING DRINK 4-8 OZS OF WARM WATER GO UP ON YOUR TIP TOES THEN DROP DOWN ON YOUR HEALS 15 TIMESYOU BRING YOUR ARMS UP TO YOUR CHESTTHEN BREATH 3 TIMES AFETER YOU DO THE TECH!YOU CAN GOOGLE ITA CHRIROPRACTIR CAME UP WITH IT

• Posted

Well here is the whole story i never noticed the hernia before i got sick. I felt super worn out for a month then got really sick going the the emergency rooms and doctors with heart racing g away high blood pressure stomach pain brain fog headaches muscle aches chills night sweats and much more. I went to a heart doctor GI neaurologist urologists and even a holistic doctor. After 6-8 weeks all they found was mono which caused all that but i did get a scope and they found my stomach was completely inflamed and half my esophagus and a hiatal hernia. I never would have known otherwise and since i know now i can feel it. I went from 160 to 137 pounds just from the nausea and didnt even feel like eating with mono in a month. Now i am getting better somewhat after 4-5 months im trying to gain my weight back healthily. Everytime i will get back to around 145-146 my hernia starts hurting somewhat where it aggrivates and scares me enough that i cant or am scared to eat. I was carefree and happy before the mono but now i have crazy anxiety from it and it has rolled over into my eating i am constantly scared im gonna choke and stuff because the hernia makes it a little difficult to swallow sometimes and i had a piece of chicken stick in my throat which is what dropped my weight last time but by the time they scoped it there was no chicken and my throat really wasnt that tight. I believe most of it is anxiety now and i want my weight back so i can look healthier and the hernia randomly hurting makes it difficult to be calm because my body freaks out of every little itch pain burp. I believe it has caused health anxiety. I am just not used to living life like this i just like having reassurance so i can get back to my old self. I cut out alcohol almost all sugar unless its naturally in the food most dairy red meat most processed stuff and gluten trying to heal from mono it just so happens to help with the hernia. Any tips would be appreciated. Just trying to get back where i enjoy food again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.