Hiatal Hernia and pounding heart

Posted , 1 user is following.

So i was diagnosed with a 3cm hiatal hernia back in May 2021 that was causing chest pain. I complained of episodes of what i can only describe as my heart beating extremely hard. it is never an irregular rhythm and it is never racing. just a steady heartbeat at around 70bpm but it is POUNDING. It beats so hard that i can always feel it in my chest and head during these episodes. i get a PI% index of 20% when this occurs. I went to see a cardiologist and they did a STRESS, ECHO, EKG, and Holter. everything came back normal. doctor said everything is normal and there is nothing to worry about in my heart. yet i still feel this extremely hard pounding heart. my blood pressure is normal, my heart rate is normal. I asked my gastroenterologist about this and he said that he hasnt heard of a hernia causing this. he told me that a hiatal hernia only causes GERD and occasional epigastric pain. Ive seen many others have experienced a very wide range of symptoms from their hiatal hernia but i wanted to know if anyone has also experienced a hard pounding heart that has a normal rhythm, bpm, and blood pressure ?

ive been very anxious about the feeling and it scares me to death. please let me know if anyone has experienced this feeling. i just want to know if its something my cardiologist missed or if its an actual symptom of my hiatal hernia.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.