Hiatal hernia - bad flare up

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on lansorazole for 8 years with no side effects. I've had an endoscopy and have a confirmed hiatal hernia. I'm 41 years old. im supposed to take 1 30 mg pill every day but over last two weeks ive struggled and used gaviscon as well but still struggling. Today I've used about 40mg lansoprazole and 45mg zantac and i feel a lot better. is it ok to do this on a short term basis to get the stomach to settle down again?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As a layman, however one that suffers terribly with GERD I doubt that dose, certainly in the short term, will do too much damage. However if I were you just to be sure pop in and see a chemist, will cost you nothing. BTW I have Gaviscon! Had so much it makes me sick just thinking about it!

• Posted

hi I take 30 mg a day zantac every day and I've also doubled the dose of lanz before waz told I could by my doctor short term is ok

• Posted

actually I've just read my report that i have a weak les muscle. I've been very stressed at work and am having bad pain and burning feeling. I've doubled my lansoprazole dose for a week or so to try and calm it. If not back to the doc.

• Posted

My work life has been very stressful and I'm really struggling now. feel very anxious all the time. I'm now taking 2 lansoprazole a day plus tones if gaviscon. Why does stress make it do bad 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.