Hiatas hernia and right shoulder pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a small hiatas hernia which sometimes causes me problems. Do any of you get sometimes a niggly pain just under rib to the right and sometimes shoulder pain (also right) which sometimes feels it radiates through abdomen?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Well, I have the same type of hernia and get the pain to my left. As you described it. Have checked my heart and its ok. I think its my hernia or gerd - I do have gerd. Or both!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, it's the shoulder pain that gets me, it starts off like more of an ache and su ddenly seems quite intense as it shoots through but goes as quick as it starts!

• Posted

I also have gerd,and a hetial hernia. If you dont mind me asking what are your symptoms.

• Posted

Well, it goes like mostly while I am seated. I get this pain on the left side of my breast bone but also under the rib cage again on the left. Sometimes on the right too, but mostly the left. When I get up it feels way better. I tend to sit upright because slouching agravates the problem. But I noticed also that if I am at ease on a couch it can happen there too. It also seems to connect with IBS. Doctor told me I have mild IBS. What I observed is that anxiety really makes it worse. But everyday life in a city is always stressful I think.

• Posted

OK. my pain is on middle of my breast bone then I can feel it on chest with burning on my stomach and my anxiety fires up. and the pain is so bad. thank you for replying hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.