Hiatial Hernia surgeryT

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, I throughly enjoy this forum. Two days ago I had surgery to repair a 9 cm hernia.  My stomach was twisted and iny esophagus.  Well I feel pretty good. Surgery was six hours.  My surgeon repaired the hernia and put mesh over it that will resolve in six months.  She repaired scar tissue and put my stomach back place. I am going home today. I am on Norco and a muscle relaxer.  I was on Morphine the first 24 hours.  I feel good.  The only painI have is y stomach due to putting it back in place.  I am glad I went throught the surgery.  I lost 85 pounds and I am on a liquid and purée diet.  I wi be on it for the next three months.  I have been on this diet for the past four months.  I had a fantastic doctor and a highly respected hospital.  I fought with my insurance company for months so I could get the best doctor and hospital for my surgery. I did research.  I had to be my own advocate.  I will keep you all informed of my progress.  My doctor told me if I keep my weight down and eat right the hernia won’t comeback.  

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am happy for you and glad the op went well. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Wishing you a speedy recovery... Keep us posted on how you feel post op.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.