Hiatus Hernia

Posted , 12 users are following.

I was diagnosed with a hiatus hernia a couple of weeks ago.  Does anyone with a hiatus hernia have any symptoms with it and if so what are they?  thanks

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I forgot to mention an important but most effective control feature, that is eating only 50-60 percent of your stomach capacity in one bout. hope this info is helpful. God bless you.
    • Posted

Thanks for taking the time to reply back to my post.  I have quite a lot of weight to lose which i know will help my HH a lot and now i am very conscious of what i eat and drink and i eat smaller amounts so i am hoping that all this will help as i have heard that once you have a HH it will always remain like that unless you have surgery ie weight loss will help but it won't cure it.
    • Posted

Join Yoga, that will cure a lot of ailments even the obesity. That will give a complete balance of your physical, mental and spiritual healths. Earlier I was not in favour of suggesting it to anyonw but after the results and positive changes happened in my life, I surely attribute the changes to it. try to find out SSY(Siddha Samadhi Yoga) classes in your vicinity, they will teach you the essence of health through simple yogic postures. Its my personal opinion and suggestion. you are not required to be a HINDU to undergo SSY. even an atheist can follow the regime and reap fruits.
  • Posted

Does anyone else have a mild pain/discomfort under right rib which could be related to a hiatus hernia
  • Posted

I breathing problems, pain in chest and neck/throat, very sever heart burn pluse indigestion.... I was diagnosed last year and no meds seem to help and some meds i had side effects as with ppi meds. I have done everything ive been advised to... like eating small and oftern, easy digested foods, im only 8 stone and keep losing weight as not eating much.... I hoping i get to see the speaclist again and see if i can have the op. 
    • Posted

sorry about typos.... i mean plus indigestion. ... i
  • Posted

I have a hiatus hernia and gastric reflux.  Does anyone experience a dry tickly cough sometimes, always needing to clear my throat and sometimes hoarseness and losing voice.  Could these symptoms be related to this?  I can eat and drink ok.  Thanks
    • Posted

Hope someone responds to you because that is me too!  Oddly I don't cough during the night but once I'm up I start again.  Losing voice awful.  Used to be able to sing...now some days really croaking, and cough puts people off as they think you're contagious.  Any suggestions for carina62 and me from others?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.