hiatus hernia

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on omeprozole 40g for 6months and it seems to have stopped working and i am having as flare. Does this sound familiar?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, you will have flare ups. You probably need to change your medicine. Your body can get immune to it. Try Aciphex..It's pretty good.

• Posted

Thank you. I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow and see what he says as I feel yuk

• Posted

Hope all goes well. My doctor told me that if i had surgery it would make it worse because when you start cutting it will make the wall weaker which will inquire more surgeries. Let me know what he/she says.
    • Posted

Oh great.....sad

I'm not sure why I'm having a flare as I've been fine for ages.

Thanks for the advice though, will keep you posted

• Posted

Surgery needs to be your last resort. Trust me when i tell you that I've spoken with several people and they've had to have 4 or 5 more surgeries cause when they start cutting it makes the wall weaker making more hernias. I've also spoke to 2 gastrologists and they've said the same thing.

• Posted

Ignoring HH will make it worse in future time. So, If you can undergo surgery to repair your HH, don't postpone to do surgery to repair your HH.

Surgery is the only option to heal HH.

• Posted

Surgery can lead to several surgeries once they start cutting. It needs to be your last resort. I've spoken to several people that has had to have 4 and 5 more surgeries because it weakens the wall causing more hernias

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.