Hiatus Hernia

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with a hiatus hernia a couple of years ago.  Could a pain behind right shoulder blade be due to the hiatus hernia?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Be sure it is a hiatal hernia, I was told for years mine was but it turned out to be worse. As for the shoulder pain, I experienced the same, I think it is related. Maybe wrong but to be sure as doc next trip
  • Posted

Yes it could be.

When does the pain occur? Is there any body position that makes it worse?Does anything reduce the pain?

Do you have any other pains?

• Posted

I'm going to see a doctor today.  The pain is behind my right shoulder blade,  like a pulled muscle pain but not entirely sure if it's muscular related or coming from inside ie organ related.  Will get it checked out. 

• Posted

Am going to have some physio done soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.