Hiatus Hernia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with a sliding hiatus hernia! Anyone else with this and do you get white frothy excess acidic  salivia causing mouth and tongue ulcers? Also what meds are you on? There must be a cure! 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What symptoms did you have n tests to be hold it's a sliding hiatus hernia I get mouth ulcers but not excess saliva I've been told I may have gastritis only examined me no tests for it

• Posted

Hi I had upper Endoscopy due to this excessive sour tasting saliva, I have been on 3 meds’ which did not work and I am now on a strict diet, try Biotene for mouth ulcers (Boots) hope your well soon 😀

• Posted

Thankyou for replying I'm sitting here in agony having been to a n e twice in four days the pain I have around my left rib is horrendous like sharp electric shock spasms this is a living nightmare been going on weeks I can't take my omperazole for another couple hours which meds did they put you on please Lynn. I'm dreading an upper endoscopy as I've fear of being sick n choking but I've not even been put in for that test I did read that was main test to find out whats going on I have slight pain from just under bottom of bra going down to tummy button I don't feel it only when dr pressed it did I know there was even tenderness there did you have blood tests done mine were clear apart from 2 liver ones in which were very raised

• Posted

Hi, I have been on Lamiprazole, Omeprazole and Pantiprazole, I stopped Pantiprazole as it was giving me real bad back pain so gone back to Omeprazole. I had blood tests which came back clear! I was absolutely petrified to go for my endoscopy as I read do many stupid reviews on internet, I was going to have sedation but the doctor persuaded me to have it without,he sprayed the back of my throat and you cant feel your throat, they lie you on you left side and put the scope down, it take 4/5 mins and I can say I was fine, I left the hospital after 20 mins. You can have sedation if you want to though. I have never had any pain just heartburn which had gone completely now. My hubby had pain and his was an ulcer, you should insist on having it done! Peace of mind is better than any medicine, hope your ok soon. My hubby takes Ranatidine, you can buy it over the counter oh and I take aniseed peptac which is good, hope your better soon x 
  • Posted

Thankyou so much Lynn yes I'm going go insist on having the dreaded endoscopy it will certainly give me answers I hope. At the moment I just feel they are guessing by putting hands over area of the pain although one dr did actually examine me after seeing him twice. I think it's the not knowing isn't it as well. Your mind tries to work it out and make sense of it all. Oh your blood tests came back clear too well I will try n keep positive n taking he meds until I find out

• Posted

Honestly it was over so quick I didn’t have time to think about it, the 3 weeks waiting was worse lol, I was a pain till it was over, I asked everyone I knew, some had anaesthetic some the spray, my email address is if you want to talk I will send you my phone number or you can send yours, here for you anytime as I know what it’s like to worry 😌

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi Lynn thankyou very much you can send your mobile number over I've just been for my blood tests this morning at hospital I'm all taped up they have such a job to get blood out of me some times after trying to get vein nearsighted to my elbow they in the end had to get from my hands I haven't heard yet about endoscopy test but I'm sure I will be put in for it. I'm on fourth day of omperazole so far not making any dif but hosp did say should see a improvement around week if acid goes down a bit by then won't be in so much pain 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.