Hiatus hernia acid reflux and Barretts

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi my first post. I am starting my pre op liver shrinking diet today and my Op date is the 3rd of June. I have a few concerns regarding after the Op. How I will feel, wind etc etc. How long do these symptoms last? I have every faith in my surgeon and I know I cannot go on with the daily symptoms I suffer.

Any advice gladly received. Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Iv had surgery on 27th April for sliding Hiatus Hernia,

I had few complications and taken back to theatre 3 days after had a 9 day stop in hospital.. but I'm 3 weeks this Sunday and surgeon still wants me on liquid diet..

I wasn't in hardly any pain, just food is a hit or miss but still early days Surgeon said..

nothing to worry about..

I have Barrett's and my hernia was making it worse couldn't do much as was sick all the time..

I still have to slip water or any soft drinks or it be straight up.. don't expect the acid to stop straight away as mine is still bad they say it gets better after 4/6 months..

all the best keep me updated..

I'm from Oldbury Uk

• Posted

I had to do the same thing I bought the sams brand 30 mg of protein and it was good dr said that was fine do you live in the united stateĀ 
    • Posted

Good evening..

don't know if you can help me.. I'm nearly 4 weeks post op.. the last 4 days feels Iike i have a large lump in throat again and being sick.. 🤢

Has anyone else had the same as I'm little worried 😔 Not sure what's going on ..

feels like it's closing up..

any help would be good x

• Posted

I no exactly what your feeling mine took almost 7 weeks to feel better I was throwing up of dry heaves do not and I mean do not eat any bread or meat I started back on vitamin e and within a week I was feeling so much better your dr may have to stretch that part my dr told me he may have to stretch mine but didn't have to I also take fish oil but you may not be able to do that I take many pills at night and had to take 1 at a time ..my dr just had me go and have a test can't remember the name of it but the dr reading the X-ray said everything is working fine (thank the lord) it was the swallow the barium and take X-ray I would have the dry heaves and the dr told me to take the nausea med and do not throw up that was easy for him to say I took the meds under my tongue it worked within 5 mins I eat a lot to soup broth but the dr told me I could eat anything but bread and meat please try the vitamin e I took 2 at a time I haven't felt this good in 5 yrs my stomach that is I also have arthritis really bad and fibromyalgia bot my stomach is great try not let yourself throw up because that can cause you much more problems... Naomi please keep in touch try the vitamin e it's very healing 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.