Hiatus Hernia and Gerds

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have suffering from Acid reflux for over 6 months and my doctor finally agreed to do an endoscopy and biopsies. I was diagnosed it's having GERD and a hiatal hernia. I was given pantoacid and Itopide as my prescription mad.I have started cutting down on foods that I thing trigger the reflux. Recently I have started having pain in my back as well when I am having the reflux and hernia pain. It's unbearable and J feel I cannot sit in any position.

Does anyone gone through this??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes I’m going thru it right now I’m takin carafe until i get a barium ultrasound. 
  • Posted

Hh comes with so many things it sucks! I m in pain everyday. Sometimes bearable ,other times not on at all . And it's almost impossible to accept the diagnosis 100% as I always think the doctors must have missed something. Horrible!!! But you can manage it.

• Posted

I fear the worst! I am back on meds again for another month after seeing my doc this week. Pain has been bad. I have been feeling really gassy and nauseous. The burping has increased. My stool has been loose for the past few days.

Doc says nothing to worry about

Nerve wrecking!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.