Hiatus hernia any surgery any good news?

Posted , 5 users are following.

All seems doom and gloom, any happy results, cheers Allan

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had my hiatus hernia operated on a few years back and yes it was good while it lasted but unfortunately now it has started to come through again and the heart burn is returning but l will add at moment not as bad as it was
  • Posted

My mom has her's done a few years ago while getting a gastric sleeve operation.  She no longer takes any PPI or H2 blocker, however, I have noticed she's been popping Tums a lot more recently.  Of course, this only happens if she eats something really bad.  But for the most part she seems to be fine.  Everyone deals with the occasional heartburn. 

• Posted

I have minor HH. I keep my diet strict and quantity down and sip water between gobbles. Small mouthfuls and avoid fatty stuff. Take PPI sometimes every day sometimes every other day. As I am also on Aspirin I hear I am supposed to take PPI every time 1 hour before the Aspirin.
  • Posted

I went to a chiropractor for mine. It's called visceral manipulation and they pretty much push the stomach down manually  so you don't need surgery.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.