Hiatus Hernia - What are my options?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone

Recently I was diagonsed with a hiatus hernia about 3-4cm wide. I've been on multiple medicines and the symptoms persist including acid reflux, pain in my chest, shortness of breath, gurgling sounds in my chest area, feeling unable to burp, something stuck in my throat.

The NHS wait time for a follow up consultation is 6 months away and I really don't think I can wait. I don't have private insurance.

I really want to get surgery done ASAP as these symptoms have been going on for over a decade and have recently got worse (30 years old now). It's stopping me from functioning and working properly.

Does anyone know what my options are? Obviously If I got private I'd have to pay but my health is more important to me than money. Can anyone recommend a good surgeon/hospital in London where maybe you have had it done and if you could let me know how much it roughly cost and how was the healing period?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.