Hiccup during sleep

Posted , 2 users are following.

hope,you all are well. my husband (32 years old) is a diagnosed case of barrett's oesophagus & taking PPI for 3 years after his diagnosis . he is doing well & has no problems related to acid reflux. but recently i noticed that he has hiccup when he is sleeping. is hiccup during sleep a sign of acid reflux?? is anybody know anything about this?? or is anyone in this group facing this kind of problem??? i m very much tensed about this matter.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I live in Melbourne (Australia)I was diagnosed in May 2016 and prescribed pariet for 6 months. Later in Nov 2016 had one more biopsy and the diagnose was same. This time I got worried and took the matter seriously. I refused to go with PPI as it doesn't cure you. It just reduces the acid level. I started to avoid food and drinks causing acidity. I stopped drinking all liquids (alcohol, packed juices, soft drinks etc) except water and milk. Started eating food without garlic, tomato paste and tomatoes itself, all types of fried, fatty and junk food,  at evening eat only cooked vegetables or a luke warm glass of milk, reduced the quantity of intake. And followed Ayurvedic food recommendations for Vatta-Pitta. In addition every morning 30ml of Aloe Vera juice with water 1 hour before the breakfast.

Plus added every morning 30min Pranayama Yoga.

And all it worked.

In Feb2017 also did Panchkarma cleaning in Kerala.

Now on 27/07/17 I had the endoscopy and biopsy done and it was found that I no longer have Barret's.

I think both the diet and Yoga worked nicely.

Wish you all the best and if you need any further advice, feel free to contact me

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

thanks for your detailed reply.i really appreciate your efforts. My husband tries to maintain the rules & regulations, but sometimes he break the rules.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.