HIDA no pain. Low EF? Who had there's out?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

Who had no pain during their HIDA scan but had a low ejection fraction rate? Did you have gb surgery and how are you doing now?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had a HIDA scan with an EF of 0%! I had no pain during the scan but I did have nausea - nausea was my main symptom with my bad gallbladder. I had my gallbladder out 3 months ago and I feel better but not all the way better. I'm getting more tests now and it looks like I also have gastroparesis, but my nausea reduced significantly after the surgery. If you're having pain and/or nausea and have a low EF then sugery may help you a lot!

• Posted

Hey, I had no pain or nausea during my hida scan and had an ef of 4%. My symptoms were bad nausea but no vomiting for 4 months and then feeling like I've been punched in the stomach for about 5 months. Scheduled for surgery on Monday. At this point I don't have a choice. I'm a little nervous that my symptoms won't go away but mostly optomisic that surgery will make it better.

• Posted

Good luck! You'll have to keep us posted on your recovery. I'm so torn about surgery. My gastro says no and it won't help.

• Posted

Thanks for sharing guys. I'm in the same boat- 3sadtum- you might want to try ox bile with meals to help with the gastroparesis symptoms. I have those symptoms now with my gb and it helps a lot.

• Posted

Hi

I am booked to see consultant beginning April as have gallstones one he said I'm sure was 16mm. I read the discussions and everyone always seems in a great deal of pain and sickness before and after surgery. I have no pain what so ever the only reason the stones were detected was because I had a constant dull ache pressure under my right rib area so had a ultra sound that picked up the stones and simple cysts on the liver. I have changed diet and go to gym three times a week eat low fat and organic, take liver tonic and milk thistle capsules and experience no pain what so ever. So then weirdly I worry that it can't be gallstones I have and maybe it's something else because everyone I speak to associates it with extreme pain. I am only nine half stone and five foot five so not overly over weight. Do you find everyone's symptoms are different as now I worry it's not gallstones. I worry that it they operate they find it's something else. How I feel I think I could live without having an operation and just change diet lifestyle. But I worry now that if I don't operate it could be something else.

Thanks vickie

• Posted

Hi Rachel, I had an ef of 14% and I had pain during the hida scan but not severe like some. The physician and the surgeon both said that taking my gallbladder out wouldn't necesarily take all my pain away as they think I may have sphincter of oddi dysfunction as well but the first step with this is to take out the gallbladder. Don't forget if you've got a low ef then your gallbladder isn't working as it should and will only get worse and may become infected so it does have to come out. 

I had my gallbladder out 2 weeks ago and I'm still in pain but some of this will be  from healing inside which I know will take a while. I've also got another appointment with my surgoen to see what happens next in a couple of weeks. 

What is your ef%? 

Keep us updated with everything. take care xx

• Posted

So I found out I don't have a low EF- the nurse told me wrong. I have a HIGH EF- 80%. My gastro says no surgery. I am constantly in pain when I eat. I hate this.

Glad to hear your surgery went well and you have some docs who seem to be working with you and not against you.

• Posted

Hi Rachel, your ef is higher than the normal range so I'm surprised that your gastro doesn't want to remove your gallbladder. There are people on here that I've read about  who have had a really high ef so it maybe worth you while putting on an new discussion with your ef in the title. I think i would get a second opinion with your gastro as whatever they say you shouldn't be in pain and not be able to eat, I understand how frustrating it is and how it effects you mentally but keep us updated on how you get on.

Yes I'm quite lucky that my docs seem to know their stuff even though it does all take time. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.