HIDA Results

Posted , 8 users are following.

How long did it take for you to get your HIDA scan results? I had mine done yesterday at 9 and still haven’t heard anything. Not sure if I should call my doc or just wait. I feel sure if something were terribly wrong I would’ve heard back by now? I was told 24 hours. 

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thank God that's probly the best thing is I'm not calling you that means nothing's wrong or they did not find anything such as cancer or tumor .When they did mine a found cancer in my liver They called me the very next morning at 6 o'clock and said I needed to come in for a meeting from then my life changed. The next morning I had surgery they remove part of my liver .Then one year of chemotherapy and they gave me a 5% survival chance this was done out are the best hospitals in United States Ceders Sinani were all the movie stars go. Now it's been 15 years and the doctor's And especially the oncologist cant believe in still around.

So not receiving a call is a good thing .

• Posted

Wow!! I can’t imagine how scary that must have been! But you’re still here 15 years later, praise God! I hope you are doing well. 
    • Posted

Thanks,But having cancer is never over every 6 months I have to do MR I's for the rest of my life And liver biopsy every 3 years .Plus I take a cocktail chemotherapy medicine every few years to kill any cancer cells that are still in my blood stream. That's what a lot of people after do when they have cancer but people don't know it's something that you have the moniker the rest of your life and do a lot of Test for the rest of her life in order to keep yourself alive.Because eventually it will come back and you have to get it While it small before it gets large

• Posted

Sal, you are in my prayers!! Stay strong and God bless!!! 
  • Posted

Where in the world are you? I had mines done in the UK and wasn’t due to get the results until I saw the consultant almost 3 weeks later. Turns out the CCK drink I had gave me a really bad attack so ended up at GP 2 days later and they had the results available which showed the gallbladder was sluggish and not functioning that well. If I hadn’t been to GP then they wouldn’t have contacted me until I saw the surgeon in clinic. Turns out I ended up admitted to hospital 2 days after this appointment anyway. He’d put me on list for surgery and I didn’t even make the list or get preassessment for the surgery due to the emergency admission xx
    • Posted

I’m in the US. My nurse told me I would get results in 24 hours and that’s even what my GP told before I scheduled the scan. I called my doctor’s office this morning asking for the results but Haven’t heard anything back yet. 
    • Posted

That's good, that means there should not be anything too serious, like cancer. Thank god.

When the results are not serious,they put it to the side before they right the written report to give to doctor.

• Posted

That’s what I’m praying sal! I have anxiety so not hearing back is causing me to worry and think crazy thoughts. Hope to hear back from GP’s nurse by end of today. I go in Dec 15th but hopefully won’t have to wait until then since I called this morning.
    • Posted

I'm also in the US, it takes  2 to 3 days for the results. The hida scan goes to the radiologist and then report goes to the GP and then you get a call from nurse or you can call the office.

• Posted

Your fine, the longer it takes the better for you.
  • Posted

I got my results the next day. I the scan showed cancer and they called me in the morning. I guess the usa is faster. Plus I personally know the radiologist he works with my brother who is a doctor.
    • Posted

Just got results. Ejection fraction is at 9%. GP is referring me to surgeon to evaluate it being removed. 
    • Posted

Hi Dev, Well it's good to get an answer to your pains. I seem to remember you suffer from anxiety and i do to, it's all very anxiety provoking isn't it? How old are you Dev? If you don't mind me asking.

Ps don't ever move to the UK you'll be given a plaster to start with, then maybe just maybe a nurse might try and kiss it better! Lol

• Posted

Hi Matt, you are absolutely right, all of this is VERY anxiety provoking sad.

I am so glad to have an answer for why I am having pain but, of course, now I’m worrying about possibly surgery. I’ve never had surgery so it’s pretty scary to think about! Also, I’m 26.

I’m so grateful for my doctor though. She is amazing and actually listens to me. 

• Posted

Good luck Dev! I'm glad to read you have a great Dr as thats a great help. How long have you had your pains? I'm guesing you had an ultrasound and blood tests in the past?

• Posted

Thanks Matt!

My pain started a few months ago. At first my doctor said gastritis and put me on zantac. Which wasn’t really helping so she switched to omeprazole. 

And you guessed right, I’ve had an ultrasound and blood work done, all which came back normal. Thankfully. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.