HIDA scan results

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a HIDA scan Wed. I went in and had the tracer injected, at the 40 minute mark I got up and walked around, at 50 minutes again walked around. 60 minute mark, still none of the tracer had left my gallbladder. So I was sent to walk around for 15 minutes and given CCK for 20 minutes. I got a voicemail last night that said my results looked normal? The tech indicated that if everything was normal we would not do the second half of the test. I don't understand the conflicting stories here....Dies anyone understand the results that could help me?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

CCk is acts like a harmone signal that comes from intenstine which will send signal to gallbladder to contract and send bile. So your report might give more details on what happened after CCk injection.

For me, after CCK the gall bladder did not release any bile, so the radio active dye was still in gallbladder, they reported my gallbladder not working at all..0% , bilary dyskensia they call it .

• Posted

Cant say why you think confliction of results, you sound OK and the HIDA proves that the GB, Liver and Pancreas are all working together, thats why you have it.  The mechanics of the test should have all been explained to you the dye they use is so they can trace it with camera to do the job.  
    • Posted

I didn't give background I apologize. For the last month I have had indigestion feeling/bloating every time I eat, no matter what I eat. That is followed by pain in my right side just below my rib cage. June 13 I was in the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack, ER diagnosed a gallbladder attack. I have a family history if gallbladder cancer and stones, so I'm very concerned about this area. My dad did not get properly diagnosed until 2 days before he died and I dint want to follow the same path. I've heard many of these "your results are normal" even a week prior to his death, so I don't always trust that explaination.

• Posted

Hi Mary6306 no need to apologize but if the HIDA scan says everything is working then I am not sure where you would go from there?

Unfortunately I cannot comment upon the other family history because that would only serve to worry you more when I have no idea but to agree with your concern.

I do just know that your symptoms are usually of the GB and that the pain is mistaken for heart attack, I had this back in 2011.  So I understand your added concerns with family history.

I can tell you that I am going through the same thing as you sort of, I had the Stenographer of an ultrasound tell me a very bleak story about my scan yet when the report came back everything was no issue.  I too am very unhappy with my supposed consultant at my hospital and diagnosis and indeed my Dr's.

However, you will struggle to argue with these people and I have found that unless they can give you a pill and send you away they are pretty hopeless and will throw their hands up in the air and say " well sometimes we just do not understand why things happen?" which is pretty useless to the person who is suffering!  I have had this reaction twice in several years so I am much the same with you is pessimism.  I can also tell you last Dec 17 all I could eat was porridge made with water and I lost 35 Lbs in 2 months.  In April I was violently ill for 2 weeks this was after having a colonoscopy and re introducing foods after the all clear of other illnesses gastro related.  I still have the ache in my right hand side and as you say under rib cage area, i still have very loose stool but normal colour at least but when you consider what I am eating it is not surprising.   Everything I have done to make my life easier this year has been of my own doing and nothing to do with the NHS.  Britain is a disgrace I am afraid and I know there are many who have success stories but I am not one.  So yes I have deep concern right now and my referral for Pancreas now is Jan 19.  The only advice I can give you is keep on at the Dr because anxiety will also not be helping you either.

I wish you help in the near future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.