Hidradenitis Suppurativa and an active sex life

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I'm currently 18 years old and I've been living with HS for about five years now and it has been a hell of a rollercoaster. I am not content with my body nor how these nasty scare and boils look. to make matters worse, I seem to back away from having an open relationship with anyone due to my condition. I have had sex with a couple of guys before but everytime I either wear a long sleeve button up shirt or we have to be intimate in the dark. How did any of you going through this ever manage to have fun all while truly enjoying the moment?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your still young you will find a trigger that will help you can avoid. at first go lowly things will get better

• Posted

I am definitely sorry to hear about what you are going through. I have been with my husband since i was 19 and i am now 37. I have had hs for about 4 yrs. and its been REALLY BAD for about 2 of those. I try to do the same thing. do it in the dark. Fortunately he knows how hs is so he knows i am a little sensitive about my body. The only advice i have us try some new ways to cover up your areas. Also cut back on certain foods to see if you can get some relief. I haven been on a few different Rx that didnt work. Humira, Clindamycin, docycline etc. I still havent found my trigger. i dont eat white sugar, bread or beef or dairy. yet i still havent seen relief. I have tried herbal teas and I saw some relief but not for long. so I am still researching the herbal way to see it that would help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.