hidradenitis suppurativa surgeon needed

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am looking for a doctor that is willing to do the surgery for hidradenitis supporativa. I have had this for over a year in my groin. It is spreading bigger. I have been on creams, washes, antibiotics with no success. I am a 45 year old lady. I live in northwest ohio but am willing to travel some. Any ideas who be greatly appreciated. My family doctor did also do a test for mrsa but was negative. Other than that she just keeps prescribing creams and antibiotics  that do nothing.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

HI Lorraine i suffer from hs as well. It is very frustrating with doctors are there is no cure for it however I have noticed that surgery is a very last straw when I spoke to my doctor about it as it very painful and very unpleasant. There was a discussion thread yesterday there is a new medicine that has been giving to sufferers called humira it does have side affect however they have said it works great look it up. As me personally I would want to try that before surgery.
  • Posted

Surgery is not the answer. Antibiotics are not the answer. HS is not a bacterial infection. I've been taking Humira for two months. The results are incredible for me. Google Humira/HS.

• Posted

Hi as far as I'm aware any dermatologist can do the surgery for HS as long as they think it would help you.  It isn't suitable for everyone and will depend on what stage you have.  Even if you have it done it can still pop up in other places.   Have you seen a dermatologist yet?  x

• Posted

Hi Lorraine, like they say, different triggers for different people..... what works for me are cheap 70mg zinc gluconate tablets, my HS is in remission, I take 3 a day until the flare up is down and then work my way down to 1 a day, it's not a cure, once I stopped taking the zinc I had a flare-up. I've been taking the zinc for more than a year now with no side effects.

• Posted

Hi this is lorianne371 just giving an update. I had surgery. And I am glad I did. I ended up having ten inch incisions on both sides of groin in underwear line basically. The one side I knew was bad and active but the other side surprised me. You could only see a spot a little bigger than an eraser tip and I thought it was inactive. Turns out that side was very active just under the skin so I couldn't tell. It did take me a couple of months to the sites could heal from the inside. But it did not hurt. They gave me special medicated pads to keep on them and now I am completely healed. Yes it may come back in another spot and if it does I will deal with that then. Very happy with my decision to have surgery.

• Posted

Please try other treatment options before surgery. I suggest finding a good Dermatologist first. I almost made the mistake of surgery when my Dermatologist told me to use some Silvadene cream 1% on it and to my surprise it started to heal up. I am so glad I cancelled my surgery. Try letting surgery be your last  resort.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.