Hidradenitis Suppurativa Very painfull

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i have been diagnosed with this condition now for 3 months Alot sooner if i would of not been embarrased to go to the doctors It became that bad i had too

I get them under the arms and stomach and Buttocks and At the moment i have a swollen one on my waist line its affecting my movement from day to day its become big in the last 3 days stinging like hell making me struggle to walk lie down even get dressed as my stomach is putting weight on top of where the cyst is

never had on get this big before

Have phoned my Gp but they can not fit me in so gonna have try again tomorrow

this stinging sensation is very bad sad

Only 25 feel like im getting depressed

is there anything that i can do stop pain until i see gp tomorrow sad

Please help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel tell me about it!   I have suffered them now for around 15 years but was only diagnosed about 7 years ago.  They are awful aren't they?  I get a lot on my inner thighs and would limp a lot.  People would ask me what was wrong and I would just say backache smile  

If one becomes infected you need to see the doctor for antibiotics asap.  You can also take a maintenance dose but I found this didn't work for me.

I wish I knew how to stop the pain but I don't.  If one rubs against clothing etc. you can put a plaster on but make it loose otherwise the pain could be worse,  I use Mepore plasters available singly from any chemist. 

I hope you got in at the  doctors ok.  Any infection has the pontential to become serious so always make sure you get treatment and don't just leave it.  

You can always ask for a referral to a dermatologist.   I am always here to talk or pm and I totally understand as only another HS sufferer can do.  xx

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying! smile

It actually popped yesterday was something like a horror scene sad never had one like that before was horried i went straight to docs and they prescribed me some Gel that has Peroxide in it Have do it once a day before hand i had tablets for 2 weeks but didnt do nothing i just hope this calms them down

The lump looks really sore still has puss in there sad

do u think it would help if i covered over the lump whilst applying this cream every day thanks smile

• Posted

hi

insist on seeing a dermatologist and getting long term antibiotics like a year, the more they burst the more they scar and the infection doesn't clear so you need mega doses of antibiotics to keep it in check, i unfortunately have had loads of unpleasant surgery for mine that has wrecked my life but as i am now too high risk for surgery i was sent to a dermatologist, i wish i had gone there in the first place, permanent antibiotics and don't really flare up at all now. good luck with it all remember don't let them get a hold have them treated while they are still young!

• Posted

It depends rachel as a cover might stick to the cream and would be agonising to pull off.   Hopefully the cream will get rid of it but if you still have gunk inside it will probably recur over time.  I have found the only way to avoid that (if it does recur regularly) is to get a referral to a sucised under a local anaesthetic.  I have had a few done like that.  

It is awful when they burst - but much worse when they don't.  I have had some really big multi headed ones that just keep getting more and more infected and painful and only a good antibiotic will halt it.  Then it just generally goes down when the infection does.  

I have only had 1 (touch wood and thank goodness) which grew so large in 2 days that I had to go to ER to have it incised under general anaesthetic.  I was in hospital for 3 days because it took until then for the infection to fully clear.  Awful. Had to have intravenous anti-biotics.  If you get one like that don't wait go straight to the doctor (or the hospital)  because if the infection is unchecked you can get septacemia which can be serious.   You would probably have a high temperature as well as feeling ill.  

It's just a case of being aware and keeping an eye on any that you get.  I am on constant alert and check any frequently.  

I also found stress was a trigger for me.  Take care.  x 

• Posted

Nightshade vegetables aggravate mine. HS is an autoimmune condition and nightshades can make autoimmune conditions worse.   I have started avoiding nightshades and am now in remission! If I accidentally eat a nightshade, I will have a cyst flare up. Eating out is rare.  I have to watch every ingredient! I've had HS for years and was in stage 4. I've tried everything.  Finding a forum on here about nightshades was my miracle from God! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.