Hidradenitissuppurativia

Posted , 3 users are following.

My doctor told me today that he has people who suffer with hs and have had it for years but never more than a mild cases. Is there anyoke out there that this applying to ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have had HS since I was 11, I am now 32 years old. I have severe HS I have at least 10 to 15 absess a week.
    • Posted

This definitely dosent apply to you then sorry to say . I hope you find some relief. Have you tried altering your diet or taking turmeric
    • Posted

I have tried altering my diet and tumeric and nothing helps. I had surgery in my right armpit 12 years ago and it helped with the absesses but I now have lymphedema in my right arm and severe nerve damage from the surgery. Now the doctor is talking about sending me to surgery again.
    • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that I pray you get better and find some relief

• Posted

I am exceeding fortunate to have a mild case of H.S. that was diagnosed 2 years ago. I had about 10 outbreaks (accompanied by MRSA) within a three month time span. I figured out that I would have a breakout after I had consumed excessive amounts of coffee and expresso. I haven't had coffee or expresso since then and I have had only one small boil in the genital area in the past two years. I am also premenopausal and think that's played a part in this. Good luck to you

• Posted

I'm so happy to here this long may you continue to be as free as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.