Hidroxicloroquina

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I started on hydroxicloroquina 200mg morning and evening 24th Feb. Does anyone else take this tablet. Also on Deflazacort 6 mg. I live in Spain so names might be slightly different.

thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I've been on hydroxychloroquine for just over 6 yrs. Certainly feel much better on it than when I was on methotrexate. Because I had to come off the methotrexate as I felt so iIl all the time I was then given info on 3 other drugs and made the choice to try hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil). My rheumatologist has been pleased with how its been managing the RA and at the last visit thought I could be in remission which was a surprise. I don't seem to suffer any bad side effects being on it although I do get a lot of headaches they could be down to other medication I'm on. The one thing that is a bit annoying is it strips the colour from my hair. Not the end of the world but I have ended up colouring my hair more often just to try and keep it the natural brown I'm meant to be...rather than the much lighter gingery colour it keeps going. Good luck giving it a go.
  • Posted

Thank you for your reply. It is good to hear from someone who has taken the tablet. The only problems I am having is abdo pains at times. I see my rheumatologist next month again. Have been well looked after here thank goodness. 
  • Posted

I'm on this and Methotrexate as its often given in combination. I know some people have had eye issues with it so am watching to see if my sight deteriorates. I'm going grey anyway so wouldn't notice any hair lightening!
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I have read about the side effects. I have had my eyes tested before I started this. I see Rheumatologist next month, and he said he may add another tablet. I am grey well I would be if I didn't colour it. 
  • Posted

Hi Wendy

google The Road Back Foundation I have been on that treatment for 6yrs. You may be lucky to have a doctor there who will help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.