High ALS and ALT enzymes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all! My endo dr. told me my blood work came back with high ALS and ALT enzyme levels. Sent me to see my Gastro dr. and he had me get 5 different types of blood test to check all the kinds of Hepititis, cause I am a babyboomer. Tomorrow I go for an ultra sound. I'm so nervous. My liver has always been normal then out of the blue my count went sky high! The only thing different i have done this 6 months since my last blood work is paint the inside of my home and re did my cabinets and primed and painted my basement which took over a week and not good ventilation. Im thinking smelling those paint fumes might have somthing to do with it but Gastro dr doesnt seem to think so. So very scared. I have very mild Ulcerated Colitis for 10 years and have been on those meds and also have Hypothyroidism and have been on meds for that for 13 years. Anyone else go thru this? Thanks Tara

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tara have they tested you for PBC. l had similar raised lfts and after a livery biopsy l was diagnosed with PBC. l have sojgrens and if you have autoimmune diseases it's possible you can also have PBC. it's worth mentioning it to your gastro consultant x

• Posted

Hi Tara,

It seems like there could be a connection between the painting (and other solvents) and the blood test numbers. I wonder if since the numbers have been normal up until now, if your doctor won't just redo the bloodwork in 6 months or so, as long as the sono is good. It doesn't seem like it would be anything serious from what you said, but of course you worry. I hope you'll let us know how it goes tomorrow.

• Posted

Hopefully I will get results today. Worrying myself sick!! I will post when I get results.

• Posted

My Ultra sound came back with fatty liver and everything else looked fine. I have only gotten 2 blood test results back out of 5. Hep B and C came back negative. Still out are my auto immune Hep test, PBC test and the smooth muscle test. Thank you guys for caring 😃

• Posted

you only have fatty liver wich is very common, not too late to reverse.. need to change your diet or if its caused by drinking need to stop drinking altogether

I had fatty liver for 10 years

• Posted

I don't drink, but I know I need to eat better. I'm not over weight but dr still not sure why my levels were in the 300's and low 400's. Next week I go get another blood test to retest my enzymes levels. I hope they r back to normal. I've been eating right and have been taking milk thisle. thanks so much for replying I appreciate it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.