High anxiety...please help!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I haven't taken propranolol for over a month, but for the last 2 days I've had bad anxiety. I still have some propranolol. Can I take some as a one off to help?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I normally take 10 early morning but yesterday I took 40 for terrible never ending panic attack. Not sure if it helped but I fell asleep so it must have!

Mine are red too. Are those slow release? X

• Posted

No instant release I think. Will take 20mg. My heart rare is 90 bpm so not too bad but I feel like it keeps skipping a beat and my stomach keeps sinking x
    • Posted

Sinking feeling is sh*t I know

I take neuro mini endure supplements they seem to help. But expensive and you'd obviously not get relief today as it's internet mail order. I should say I also take 25mg amitriptyljne

• Posted

Yes! Take when you feel the anxiety starting.
    • Posted

I only had 40mg tablets left so had half 2 hours ago. Slowed my heart down a bit but still feel on edge. Just laid in bed, worrying about what I'm turning in to!!!
    • Posted

We are our own worst enemy! It couldn't hurt to call your doctor and ask why after 2 hours you still hadn't calmed down. Did you stop any additional medication? I understand that you may sometimes wish - or even believe - that you don't need the med, but you were prescribed it for a reason. If you need it, take it. Anxiety is an illness you can't see. I think that makes it harder sometimes to stay on the meds. It'll get better.
    • Posted

I also take citalopram. I was initially prescribed propranolol for migraines it was just an added bonus that they helped anxiety and I felt good taking both combined for about 3 months. I stopped because I was always tired being on 80mg a day and I got obsessed with checking my pulse, because they slow your heart I got worried about that. I also put weight on with them. Seeing my doctor again in 2 weeks so I will see if she agrees with me taking them as and then required. Thanks for your help. How long have you taken them for?
    • Posted

I went from a suicide attempt at the end of November, then nearly a long-term hospitalization in December, finally fo uh nd a gentle doctor in January. He put me on 20 mgs. morning, noon, and night. I will also take an additional pill, if needed. I went from literally shaking to calm within the hour. It was like magic to me. But, I changed all my meds. It was hard to find the right ones. I think I'm figuring out what works for me. It's been a 21-year journey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.