high blood pressure

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, After several years on citalopram I decided to come off them around four months ago, and even though I did not go "cold turky", I have felt really rough during this period.  On top of this  I have recently been identified with high blood pressure and have been prescribed blood pressure tablets.

I was wondering if anyone who has come off citalopram has has experienced this or is it a seperate item.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I saw your post concerning high blood pressure after withdrawing from citiliprim. I also have stopped taking that med and I find my blood a bit elevated. Maybe the med just calmed us a bit. I am on medication for bp and will have to check with my gp as to my next move. I feel so much improved without citiliprim and have started on 5htp which also has a tendency to raise bp in some people. I started on htp not because I was deppressed exactly , rather a bit flat after the seretonin high from Cit.My bp is not dangerously high but a concern all the same. Hope you have passed all the nasty withdrawal symptoms, it took me around two months from my last pill but it has been so worthwhile to be rid of the stuff and all that went with it !! Very best of luck and power to you.
    • Posted

Thanks for your quick reply. I am glad to hear that you have benifited from coming off the cialopram, As I said it has been around four months since my last tablet but am still not feeling right. I will have to see how I feel after treating the blood pressure.  Once again thanks.
  • Posted

I have just got off Cit after 7.5 years on it and 3.5 reducing it!

It did affect my BP but that has now stabilised.

I went to a herbalist who was able to help me with the BP.

It is really tough I feel quite rough most days after being off it 6 weeks. But my friends all say I look better!

Good luck

• Posted

Good morning all

Good to hear that ppl successfully can reduce and get off these meds successfully. I am also reducing and hopefully getting off these meds eventually. You gotta stay positive and know that their are better times ahead. Keep smiling and put your best forward!!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.