High blood pressure

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 70 years old and until 3 months ago I had low BP. Suddenly my BP has been going up and up. I saw a cardiologist and at his request ha a Stress test and Echogram. All came out fine. Dr suggested I keep a record twice per day. No change. My BP is still going up. In the meantime I am getting headaches and do not feel right. Any suggestions

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

lourdes, if your BP is continuing to increase, then that may be the cause of your headaches.  On the other hand if you don't feel well, aside from the headaches, then you should go back to your Dr and get him to investigate further.  If your BP is continuing to stay high then the Dr will probably prescribe some medication to lower it - hopefully, as long as there is no other cause, the headaches will then disappear.

• Posted

I too am your age never had problems with hypertension until the last year but have been on blood pressure meds and stable for the past three years because I have Prince Metals angina to stabilize my pain with angina the doctor finally increased my BP meds at 20 milligrams of Lisinopril in the morning and 20 at night with Atenolol at 25 milligrams at night after a week or so on it I blood pressure stabilized and it was up before 199 over 99 average couldn't think straight my hearing would come in and out I would get so weak I couldn't move like paralysis I thought I was having Strokes had a CT scan and was okay blood pressure is not a good friend or anywhere near it it is a bad enemy I hope you get your straightened out it doesn't take a lot just the right mixture of meds I feel so much better now but still have other conditions that cause pain but my blood pressure is being ok I hope you get straightened out with yours you will feel so much better you can talk to me anytime you want I am here to help support you 🌹?

• Posted

What most doctors don't or won't tell you is that BP goes up in the wintertime.. Have yourself checked for vitamin D deficiency.. those 70 and over need this vitamin and don't get enough because we stay  indoors in the winter..  good luck

• Posted

I am the same age and this happened to me in the past six or seven months. I also started getting extreme shaking and cold when it would go up - 190 over 90. The doctor raised my medicine from 10 mg Lisinopril t 0 20 at night and 20 in the morning I also take Atenolol 60 mg of isosorbide Ranexa and Nitro when I need it. I've been to the hospital ER but they can't find any cause for it maybe it is just our age causing things to be out of whack I know the cold will make it go up so stay warm. Mine goes up in the middle of the night when I have vivid or bad dreams and I have to wake up and stay awake till it goes down. Sometimes I am afraid to go back to sleep. I'm not dealing with this very well myself it makes me anxious and mad. I cry a lot because of it. I'm not an active person as I have for herniated discs in my neck and back and it causes great pain in my shoulders and neck and back that I take Norco for. Just hang in there we're not ready to leave this earth yet everyday is precious. Enjoy television and talk on the Forum 4 advice or help on how to deal with this from my point of view at least I hope you get some advice from others too. Sincerely Diana 💜

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.