High blood pressure

Posted , 10 users are following.

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure about a year ago. I've been on 2 different medications but I can't deal with the side effects. Anyone know of supplements that work to lower it?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I have started to drink organic Hibiscous tea and beetjuice.

I have come off atenolol and replaced with bisoprolol.

I dont feel so drousy.

• Posted

I take bisoprolol, was brought down on the dosage, 5mg was bringing the systolic too low, now i'm on 2.5mg.  It's not a cheap drug, but it's a third generation beta blocker, thus one doesn't have the side effects that were associated with the older bblockers.  Valsartan is also a good antihypertensive, it's an ARB.

• Posted

It is a very cheap drug in the UK.

Bisoprolol fumarate 10 mg

28 tablet [Prescription only medicine] 

NHS indicative price = £1.42 

How much do you pay for it presumably in America ?

• Posted

Yes im just on 2.5 bisoprolol. Since stopping amlopodine i dont get ear noise . Ive noticed the high pitched noises have gone.
  • Posted

Hi Tonya4362. I wish I knew.  I am new to this forum and not very knowledgeable about high BP but there are a lot of people who are and I am sure someone will respond to your question.   Good luck.  
  • Posted

Hi.i have same problem and after several fails with additional meds I started drinking 250ml of beetroot juice a month ago.It's not very nice but add any fruit juice and it's ok.My BP was 190ish but is now 150 to 160 -too number. It needs to be lower but is much better than it was.

• Posted

I was told by a nutritionist that bringing the potassium up to the normal range is also beneficial, because some people aren't in the range and may not even be aware of it, unless it's really out of range.  Then you get a tingling numb feeling in the lip.  Mine was too high and I got those symptoms, so my card added valsartan with a thiazide added to it.

• Posted

Dried beet powder is supposed to be quite effective at lowering BP, you might want to look into it.  I bought a huge bag a while back, but haven't figured out my regimen just yet and I want  to use up the rest of my BP meds first.  I don't suffer any side effects, I just hate putting money in big Pharma's pocket.

• Posted

Quite a few people are saying beet juice so I'm gonna give it a try. I'm already drinking the hibiscus tea and I've changed my diet. We shall seesmile

• Posted

Do you know of a good dried powder brand? Will you stay on meds while trying beet root?

How much valsartan are you on? Is it a better one than losartan?

currently on lisinopril and carvidilol.

• Posted

There are some foods that are really good at lowering blood pressure. Beets is one of them, as other people have said, but also oatmeal, raisins (I like to put them in oatmeal as a double whammy), and celery (it actually has a phytochemical in it that helps relax the blood vessels, which in turn lowers blood pressure) are a few. I keep all of those particular foods on hand just in case my blood pressure rises, since I've gotten it under control just with natural ways.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.