High blood pressure

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Few months back i noticed high bp and doctor suggested telma 20.

that time readings were 150/90, 130/80, 135/85, 130/100, 150/100(when visited doctor with tension).

I am over weighed but very rarely exercise. and i am 35 years old. last 6 months very often i had heavy food.

and last month when i had very good diet bp was 125/85, 123/86. now after a month yesterday i checked the bp it was 140/100 i was a bit worried becz yesterday morning i forgot to take bp medicine. then in the evening i have taken it.

But today also the reading is 138/100. i am really worried now.

What could be the reason for raise in bp even after taking medicine?

6 mnths back usg scan and all blodd reports were normal. should i go for a usg scan again? is it an emergency alarm? please suggest.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

take, it is quite possible that your BP hasn’t yet settled after forgetting to take the medication yesterday.  It should build back up and become effective in your body again after being back on the regime for a couple of days but, if not, you should see your GP in case the dose needs increasing.  Meanwhile, drink plenty of water, avoid all caffeinated drinks and  salt in your diet, and have as much rest as possible interspersed with some walking.  Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for the response.

What is the ideal time for measuring bp?

Generally bp will be high during noon but for me it seems high in the evening and goes down in the night.

I have bought a bp machine and how can I make sure readings shown by it are correct? Please suggest

• Posted

No particularly ideal time as far as I know, raju.  Take it 3 times pausing for a few minutes between each measurement and then record the average of the last 2 readings.  To check the accuracy of the machine, check it against one used by your GP or pharmacist.
  • Posted

Hi,

Reading today in the afternoon was 130/93 and at 3:40 pm 140/91.

But when i enter into the clinic i became panic and my heart beat increases.

Then i came to home at 6 PM and bp was 125/85.

in the early morning it was 122/88.

do i need to get the med increased if the bp is more than or equal to 90 in the lower part?

why is always my lower number is high? any specific reason for this?

• Posted

raju, they generally prefer the lower number (diastolic) to be around 80 or below.  If it stays around that level or lower when you are relaxing at home but rises when you are in the clinic environment it could be that you are experiencing what they call White  Coat Syndrome.  However, if it consistently reads around 90 when you are at home, you probably do need to take a sufficient dose of BP medication to keep it lower.  Be careful not to become obsessed with taking your blood pressure more than once a day as the stress of doing that is likely to  raise it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.