High Blood pressure

Posted , 7 users are following.

Can high Blood pressure be treated naturally? without having medication from GP....

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Of course it can be treated naturally, and you already know how - diet, exercise, and reducing the stress in your life! And it works!

But maybe it's easier to take the pills, LOL!

There are also some foods that act like meds - beets, shiitake mushrooms, eggplant, dark chocolate ..they work, but just like meds you have to keep eating them, day after day, and it's hard to control the dosage very carefully.

The meds aren't that bad. Sometimes you have to fiddle with them to find the right dosage, the right combination. Individual reactions are so different there's no single right answer.

But if you need the meds, take them now, and work on - the diet, the exercise, and reducing the stress in your life!

• Posted

In the UK there was an experiment carried out which showed that those who ate oatmeal every day, of course without sugar or cream, just skimmed milk had lower bp after a month than those who drank beetroot juice. So would be an idea to eat as part of a new diet. I do believe that u can lower bp naturally but if your bp is very high do take meds as well until the diet/exercise plan kicks in☺

• Posted

when i was first diagnosed with high bp, I brought my weight down by just over 1 Stone (14 pounds) and it lowered my bp.

not knowing your weight , I don't know if this would be relevent for you.

as years have gone by i have needed a med to help control it. partly because ill health meant i could not be so active with exercise.

I had bad side effects with a couple of them but now take a duiretic (prescribed) which keeps it under control.

stress is definitely a factor and I am aware that mindfulness and prayer makes a difference to my BP

porridge (oatmeal) is my daily breakfast, mix in some blueberries or other fruit and its yummy.

i hope this sharing will be of some help to you.

• Posted

Hi Marje,

There are any number of factors that have an effect on our BP and it will vary throughout the day.

Exercise, diet, stress, alcohol consumption, smoking and weight are the most obvious from the top of my head.

It will depend how high your BP is over the course of time and I would strongly reccomend discussing this with a doctor but if it's in a high but acceptable range it may be that by reducing salt, walking a few miles a day, not eating processed foods, losing weight and cutting back on the booze you can bring it down to an acceptable level. Again, you really should discuss this with a doctor and do not rely on well intentioned untrained people on the Internet.

Hope this helps

Jason

• Posted

All previous posts off good advice. My take try to find out why your BP is high. Have labs tests done especially U/E's. Your GP should do this as a matter of good practice. Also post up numbers especially your BP readings. Google DASH DIET which was designed by hypertensive experts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.