High Blood Pressure and palpitations

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been suffering from palpitations every now and then for the past few years but they have been getting a lot worse recently to the point where if I walk up one set of stairs my heart goes bizark and I have to catch my breath once I get to the top. And sometimes just randomly it will feel like it's pounding so hard and fast and nothing I can do to calm it down just wait. I suffer high blood pressure and take medicine. I'm 22 years old. Healthy I'm not overweight. My doctor recently said for me to get a 24 hour heart monitor which I did yesterday and no waiting on the results. Has anyone else had similar symptoms to mine? Or does anyone know what it could be besides anxiety cause I know what anxiety feels like and this is different. It's like my heart just goes crazy sometimes! I'm anxious about the results! If anything was bad they would contact me within a couple of days of receiving the heart monitor right? They say wait up to a week but if urgent will be sooner. Thanks

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

A very basis thing but everyone needs to drink lots of water.  From experience I know if I don't drink as much as I should I get dreadful palpitations.  Being hydrated makes us feel better in soo many ways.  Find out your blood group.  Go online and look for a book eating for whatever your blood group is.    It's very basic I know but it's worth trying for a start. Let me know how you get on   Good luck
    • Posted

I am AB negative. I drink lots of water aswell! I think I will get my results today or tomorrow as doctors told me they were being typed up yesterday
  • Posted

Felicity - It occurs to me this morning, are you drinking too much water. You can get your minerals and vitamins out of balance, and that can cause all sorts of side effects. Some years ago my husband came home from work one day, and he collapsed on the floor, it was a very hot day, and he had been drinking alot of water, which he thought was the right thing to do, his heart was pounding, and he was sweating up a storm, ambulance trip to hospital, end result after tests, was his mineral and vitamins were completely out, they put up a drip with what he needed, and in a few hours, you would not even think he had collapsed, Dr talked to me and told me what I had to do when the same happened again, just a matter of keeping your minearl salts and vitamins in balance, normally from your food, and especilly in your case when you are eating a restrcted diet at the best of times. Would it be worth getting your blood tested to see if you have a mineral vitamin imblance, again you will have to work with your Dr, and probably submit to multiple blood tests over a period of time to find a pattern if it exists.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.