High blood pressure and tachycardic

Posted , 3 users are following.

I been feeling poorly for a while and the doctors are goin very slow in my treatmencause long waiting times for appointment feeling awful dizzy headache visual disturbances exhaustion like Iv never felt . I have hbp and my heart rate never drop under 110 goes up to 150 when I’m bad my bp is 153/101  I went ane with chest pain and palpitations to doctor at hospital said have to see gp for heart monitor but they won’t see me keep sayin have no appointment. what could be up i get chronic migrianes to I’m 24 female  lookin for advice 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I’m in the uk . I tried ane Friday and Monday cause I felt awful they all just

Said have to go gp and be monitored. I’m off for a emergency appointment tonight but it seems Iv been goin back and forth Iv had loads of blood all fine and then they just stop there after the blood come normal 

• Posted

As a follow-up to my reply to you, Nicola, while you are looking for a doctor, do your best to relax and not stress. Hard...I know, considering the situation. Take some deep breaths, and tell yourself, "You've got this!"

Eat some food that can bring down blood pressure, such as oatmeal, raisins, celery - those are my go-to's for times when my blood pressure rises. Make sure you're watching sodium (one easy way is to stay away from fast foods. 

Drink water, & make sure you're getting enough sleep; 7 hours is recommended daily.

Good luck. Hope you get some good treatment soon! wink

• Posted

Nicola, is there any other doctor that you can go to? Are you telling the people at the hospital that say you have no appointment what your symptoms actually are?

If you are, I can't imagine that they wouldn't see you! The systolic pressure of 153 isn't good, but is less worrisome than the diastolic pressure of 101. Having just one number high like that can cause issues.

All the symptoms you give such as the dizzying headache, visual disturbances, exhaustion, chest pain, and palpitations could be warning sides of something else. It's crazy for doctors to be ignoring it if they know. You need to find another doctor that will see you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.