High blood pressure for no reason

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a 37 yr old f .. healthy never smoked , don't drink . No history of heart disease in my family . I'm 5'4 100 pound I exercise (on occasion ) I eat mostly healthy . I have one cup of coffee a day .. no other caffeine . I get migraines, so I do take migraine med ., sometimes many Advil .. but not THAT many .. so there's my back ground .. since I was 26 though my blood pressure has been high .. high enough to warrent to stays in the hospital .. many different meds .. trial and error .. it got great for awhile and now it's back streak 180/110, 192/118 ,176/114 all the pass month and today 212/122 .. drs aren't taking it THAT seriously .. I did get an echo but it's been a week and no word ..

So I figured I'd ask if anyone else has extremely high BP for no reason .. I usually feel fine .. except occasionally blurry vision and the migraines .. ? Thanks for any help !!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

There is alsways reason. It maybe connected to migraine or something else, that may also be connected to blurry vision. 

Looks like the doctors haven't figured out why yet. 

Have they prescibed ARB's or ACE's medication ? 

• Posted

I have been on ACEs I'm not now ..

My blood pressure has been high off and on (mostly on) for 10 yrs and they never have given me a concrete reason

It's not white coat syndrome..

It's high when I don't have migraines and the migraines don't cause blurry vision I've been getting them since I was 16

• Posted

Tell about the ECG results when you get them. It is difficult to tell when your healthy and have no apparent problems that would predict high BP. 

Sometimes stress and work situation can do it. 

• Posted

So what meds are u on for the high BP and what tests have you had other than BP taken, have you got a home monitor and checked it for a week twice daily with three readings to make sure its not white coat syndrome.

I would want investigation to sort it at your age

• Posted

It's not white coat syndrome I've been dealing with it since I have been 26 .. I have been on Lisinprol, propranolol, metropronol among others .. im also on Ativan.. I've Had a home monitor , a a echo .. right now I'm on propranolol, I've gotten migraines all my life they don't always cause my high blood they were relevant before my blood pressure was high ..

• Posted

I am not on propranolol and Ativan
    • Posted

That should say CURRENTLY *
  • Posted

The medicine you take for migraine may be causing your high blood pressure
    • Posted

I'm on topamax and magnesium daily which should not raise it .. I do take triptans when I have a migraine .. which I know can raise it .. but I only get 9 a month .. my blood pressure has been just as high when taking them and when not ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.