High Blood Pressure for unknown reason.. please help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, im only 18 years old and I have a blood pressure around 150-170, I exercise regularly, and eat very healthy.

I only drink water and nothing else, but i seem to be constantly very thirsty always drinking water, and urinate ALOT, sometimes inbetween just a few minutes.

I also am constipated alot of the times, get swollen lips, itchy skin at night, heartburn, tingling inthe arms, fatigue, hairloss, no orgasm, anxiety, discomfort in the neck, and tend to pound my chest alot, because it feels tight at times, migrains, and once even numbness sensations, with uncontrolable slurred speech.

At first I though it was diabetes, because my father, and grandfather are both diabetics, but I have been tested twice, and i am not a diabetic.

My doctor only suggested to keep eating healthy, with regular exercise which I have already been doing before I saw him.. Not sure what is going on... please help! thank you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

You have some of the classic symptoms of adrenal gland problems.

I had conns syndrome and had one adrenal gland removed and it fixed my very high blood pressure, dreadful migraines, fatigue, hair thinning etc,

google conns symptoms and also pheochromocytoma. These can be diagnosed or ruled out by blood and urine tests. If ur GP is no good, ask to be refered to a nephrologist as they are blood pressure experts and know all about kidney and adrenal disorders. 

your age would point to the direction of adrenal glands. 

• Posted

At 27 My bp jumped away up and regularly read 190/115. Other symptoms I experienced were incredibly severe headache, heart palpitations, developed intolerance to alcohol, very tired, low potassium readings in blood tests, muscle fatigue, constipated.

like I said above, I had conns syndrome which is a benign growth on one of my adrenal glands that over produced the hormone Aldosterone. This caused all of my symptoms. It was tough to find

someone to help diagnose as it is not widely tested for. But the tests are relatively simple blood work once u know what u are looking for. 

A lot of dr's told me I had white coat syndrome and others insisted it was just high blood pressure and I would be in tablets rest of my life. 

Now that I have had the offending adrenal removed I am

back to completely normal bp and no meds at all.

• Posted

Definatley a possibility, and information I can take to my doctor! Thank you for your help!

• Posted

I'm no medic, but those symptoms do sound pre-diabetic if not diabetic.  There are different blood tests, including a fasting one, but I gather from the Diabetes.co.uk website, they are not 100% reliable.  I'm surprised that with all the symptoms you describe, including the experience of numbness and slurred speech, and your young age, your GP hasn't referred you for further investigation.  Perhaps a different GP will do so.
  • Posted

Might be worth investigating Conns syndrome, or excess aldosterone production or even adrenal tumours. Too much aldosterone can cuse High BP excess urination and I have had heart pa;patations and migraines.

Have a look and see what you find.

Ann-Marie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.