High Blood Pressure In Brain?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys

So finally i've had some news of what i might be going through, I went to the hospital last night btw im from australia anyway i was told i POSSIBLY they aren't sure yet that i could have high blood pressure in my brain im not sure what the correct medical term is her did tell me but i have the worst memory when im not well he also said he's only seen this personally and the chief doctor in one other patient my age i am 20 and a female the other person was a 20 year old male. Has anyone else been diagnosed with this? and if so could you tell me how you feel\felt or have gotten treatment or are on anything for this? or even if you know anything about this. sorry if its hard to understand me im still not well.

Thanks guys !

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like an inspired guess but they will need to tests to be sure. I hope that they are wrong and that there is a simpler explanation. 
    • Posted

Yeah that's what they said also, I am just glad they are onto something since I've been in hell for two years!, It would explain why I've been feeling so bad but. I can hardly walk or do anything. I see a Neurologist on the 2nd Of November who will check me and give me answers hopefully. And an MRI also. And I do hope there is something less scary going on. Thanks for replying Derek smile.

• Posted

A spinal tap may be needed to check the pressure as well. I have to have that after my eye test. I had a drain put in my back for 6 days while in the hospital and they had to keep draining spinal fluid. There was to much.
    • Posted

I forget to mention, Could you tell me about your symptoms and how you feel/felt?
  • Posted

If their saying high pressure in the

Brain. Its called Idiopathic Intracranial hypertension (IIH). The old name is Pseudotumor cerebri. The reason pseudotumor cerebri is because the symptoms mimic the signs of a tumor but there is no tumor. To much spinal fluid basically. Its on the rear side. Like 2 in 100k. But can eventually possibly cause a CSF leak. I have IIH. I was diagnosed in 2014 and last month I had a CSF leak and needed brain surgery. Now I have to go through a bunch of test to find out if I need a stent or possibly a shunt. I have really bad headaches, stiffness, sometimes nausea and horrible pulsital tinnitus in my right ear. There is a possibility of going blind with this disorder. I have to go tomorrow for my eye test to check for papilledema. Do what the doctor's ask you to do.

• Posted

Thank you for explaining this to me I'm like a baby haha so I'm not 100% sure and it's such a bug thing to take in when you are young. How was your brain surgery experience? I'm scared of being put to sleep/falling asleep and I know you are awake during brain surgery but the idea of that scares me even more. How was it for you? I'm sorry you had to go through all of this too I hate seeing others suffer. I hope you are getting better or do get better soon. I hope I don't need to have a spinal tap. But I will get back to you after I see my Neurologist and tell you how I go. Thank you for replying. I would like to keep in touch.

• Posted

You're not awake during the surgery. I am terrified of being put to sleep. I have no memory of any of it. I just remember kissing my husband. I remember waking up for a brief moment with a headache and than nothing after that. I think I woke up later that day or night. Not everyone experiences the same symptoms. After the hole on my skull was patched things got worse and my neuro surgeon said he told me that my symptoms of the IIH would get worse. This is why I have to do all the test and than he will know what to do afterwards.

• Posted

I'm glad to hear you aren't awake. I was told you are but hearing from someone who has gone through it personally I still feel scared but much better that I can relate. Very strange how it gets worse! I wonder if there is anything he can do after that can help let's hope so really. Did you have a sore chest and some breathing issues even in your throat it's a bit sore? Or any eating issues I have more light-headed symptoms than the dizzy feeling I can hardly walk or stand up. Can you releate? Sorry if I'm asking too much.

• Posted

I get vertigo sometimes. No I don't have problems with my throat I've never heard that being an issue with this disorder but anything is possible. You might have a sore throat after surgery from the tube which yes I had but it went away. No breathing issues or chest problems. After my test my neuro surgeon will tell me if he will do a stent in my head or shunt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.