High blood pressure problems after drinking alcohol for my father

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone. My father has been diagnosed with bladder cancer and he's been in remission for 1 year (he turned 69 last week), now after drinking alcohol even couple of shots (one or two glasses) he gets high blood pressure ( 180/70), oxygen level is normal, glucose level is normal, bpm is also normal. After getting the diuretic drug (decreasing blood pressure and causing increased passing of urine), he doesn't have the need to go to toilet and blood pressure increases. This continues for about 5 hours and after that his blood pressure decreases very much. Can someone tell me what is the problem ? Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Its hard to to define the problem on my part but i will say your father must look at the APV when drinking alcohol. Alcohol tends to increase blood pressure. It is also bad for the brain function.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.