High Blood Presure - Losartan, Micardis, Konverge??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello Folks, I am a 58 year old chap with high bp. Diagnosed in 2011. Currently taking Losartan 50mg and lercanidipine 20mg daily. I have found that taking anything that ends in "sartan" cripples me with stiffness all over, particularly my knees get so stiff. Anyone else had these side effects? Doctors not much help. Better still, anyone recommend a good bp tablet that has minimal side effects? (and does the job)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

https://beta.nhs.uk/medicines/amlodipine/  ; 2.5/5/10mg tablets

i take 5 at present

this is what my doctor prescribed

my bp isnt quite high though and its dropping...i changed drastically what i eat

no salt, caffeine, sugar and some walking exercise...to get my 14st.8lbs 6' 1"

down...the waist is where my weight is..

sounds like your doctor is your best consultant on what to take to get rid of those side effects

best of luck

• Posted

Yes I had these side effects from lisinopril and then losartan and found the stiffness got worse over time. I did find I could tolerate indapamine with no problems but on its own it wasn't very effective.

I actually ended up with Sciatica with the lisinopril and what a life changing experience that was, it caused me significant long term damage.

• Posted

So i no what your talking about cuz they have done alot of studies and most medications they prescribe arnt good for you at all including some even give you a way higher risk to get cancer. I actually been looking up different methods to help lower your bp and i found these 3 easy exercises just about anyone can do and its alot better than medications. Heres the link to them! https://goo.gl/Rzra7R

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.