High BP following poisoning

Posted , 3 users are following.

Long story short, I don't need no sympathy nor' advice, I am simply bored and curious.  I had been poisoned few days ago, ambulance came within 10 minutes even though the operators were engaged! They banged on my door. Got to the ambulance, they took my BP which read 161/102. I've no idea what BP means in terms of high and lows. Anyway they said that it was "red flagged" and I had to drink activated charcoal. Before that time my vision became weird, I felt nausea but otherwise asymptomatic. They then took my BP after and it went to 158/(something, i forgot, sorry) Still felt fine. What did this mean? My BP is normal now (sometimes it's like 130/90 odd but yh. Im 17.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The high BP would have been the result of the poisoning, plus possibly the anxiety this caused. 161/102 is very high, but not at critical level. The "weird vision" and nausea would have been down to the poisoning rather than the high BP. The activated charcoal they gave you was to deal with the poisoning, not the high BP.

You've obviously dodged a bullet here. Maybe you should be a little bit more careful in future?wink

• Posted

Thank you, it's the highest I've ever recorded. I have defo dodged a bullet. Lol, maybe. Thanks for your reply.x

• Posted

Bored and curious...hope you didn't drink poison for s***s and giggles...if you did...don't do it again!  Death is always forever.  Where are your parents?  These are great questions for your doctor.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.